CAKES AND SWEET TREATS
ORDERING – NO cake will be confirmed without a non-refundable deposit of $100 or 50% deposit if cake is under $100. Any order cancelled the week of the cake will forfeit the deposit. This deposit guarantees that your date will be held and the decorating process can begin. By paying the deposit, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and agree that the paperwork is correct.
- If an order is cancelled within the week then all monies paid is forfeited.
- Event dates are held through appointment and quote only, and or five business days afterwards. If we do not receive the deposit within 2 weeks of quote given, your date may become available.
- No design changes are to be made within 2 weeks of due date. The client will be allowed 1 change of design sketch after deposit is made but any further changes will be charged at $50.
- Every effort will be made by the designers and decorators to fulfill the expectations of the client. However due to the subjectivity of the cake and using cake as a sculptural medium certain decisions and changes during the manufacturing process may need to be made to meet these expectations.
- If you cancel your order, your balance payment is refundable but not the non-refundable deposit. All monies will become non-refundable if cake is cancelled within 14 days of the event.
- If you choose to cancel your cake or postpone your event, the non-refundable deposit can be transferred as a deposit for another cake or an instore credit for other items.
- Refunds are only applicable if the cake is returned in its original condition as at the time of collection or delivery.
- We pride ourselves on our service and aim to give you the best service possible. However there are a certain level of emails and phone calls we can absorb in the price of your cake. We reserve the right to charge an additional fee for excessive customer liaison.
DIETARY REQUIREMENTS – It is the customer’s responsibility to advise of any dietary requirements and to ensure this is noted on the paperwork upon signing.
- Exquisite Cakes will no be held liable if the customer has not thoroughly checked the paperwork if any information has been missed.
- Although Exquisite Cakes will strive to eliminate contact with the known allergen to the best of our abilities, we are not a bakery that specializes in allergen-free desserts/cakes therefore a 100% allergen-free product cannot necessarily be guaranteed.
BAKING OF ORDERS/FLAVOURS – If cake flavours are not confirmed 10 Days prior to event date our standard chocolate mud cake will be used.
DECORATIVE ITEMS – As all figurines are hand moulded from icing or polystyrene, they are very fragile.
- We do not accept any liability for our figurines once they have been removed from the cake. (Photo evidence is required when figurines break whilst on the cake).
COLLECTION OF CAKE – Upon collection of your cake from our store, Exquisite Cakes holds no liability if the cake is damaged in transit.
- We take the utmost care in ensuring cake is secure and stable and ready for transport but due care when transporting the cake to your location as it is a fragile item.
- Please ensure your car is ready for the transport of the cake and if cake is taken on long journeys bring towels/blankets to minimize movement around the outside of the cake boxes if placed in the back of car.
- The cake should also not be left in the car in warm/hot conditions or stored in the fridge unless otherwise specified.
- The cake is created according to the customer’s specifications and refunds will not be given unless the cake is returned in it’s original condition as supplied to you, the customer. We reserve the right to determine whether the refund is appropriate on a case by case basis.
STAND HIRE–We reserve the right to charge a hire fee and bond for our cake stands. In order to have the bond returned, we require the stand to be returned within two days of the event and in it’s original undamaged condition.
- We will charge $50 per week until the stand is returned to Exquisite Cakes or paid off – whichever occurs first.
COOKIE DELIVERIES BY EXTERNAL COURIERS – Delivery cost is additional to the product. Delivery cost is to one venue only, additional costs will apply multiple delivery points are required.
- Weekday delivery times are between 10am and 5pm.
- We use a courier service so someone must be available to accept the order or prior arrangements should be made with us.
- The address provided to us by the client must be correct at the time of booking. Any redirections or changes will incur an additional cost as charged by the courier company.
- Please note that our standard delivery service only allows a delivery date to be requested, we cannot specify a time of day for delivery.
- Note: if there is no-one available to accept the delivery at the appointed destination, delays may occur that are out of our control, and may also result in an additional delivery charge should we need to return the goods back to our store or deliver to another address. In these cases we will contact the customer who has placed the order to request their instructions, additional courier fees will apply.
- Some products we cannot use a courier to deliver. In those cases we will contact you and discuss other delivery or pick-up alternatives